Resolved: “Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer”
Operating System: Windows 8, 7
Last week, I was trying to install Windows update and it was constantly failing! Tried lot of solutions, but none of them worked. Atlast this method worked!
Here is the fix.
- Goto Start menu and type services.msc , and select services
- In the Services, check whether “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” startup type is “Automatic”. If not double click on it and change it to automatic.
- Next, check whether the “Windows Update” startup type is “Automatic“. For me it was “Manual”. Change it to automatic.
- Check for “Workstation” startup type. It should be “Automatic“.
- Restart windows and install updates. It worked for me. 🙂