How to Build and Manage an Online Shopping site? Step-By-Step Tutorial
Developing and managing an Online shopping website is usually considered to be complex because of the effort involved in developing a shopping cart, implementing special features like coupon codes , discounts etc and managing the online store with an admin login. To develop all such features, it requires lot of complexity and effort. What if you have all these features already implemented + you can customize it as per your requirement + you can get it for FREE! That’s what this article is about! The steps for building an Online shopping website are : Step 1: Buy Domain + Hosting
Buy a Domain [ Domain is nothing but www.yourwebsitename.com ] and then a Hosting/Server space to host your website. You can google and find out good Domain and Hosting services. Or Click here If you need help in getting one.
Step 2: Install WordPress on the Server
WordPress is one of the World’s Best Content Management System. It is an application that helps you to easily manage a Website, Its Content, Look and Feel without any previous programming . You needn’t be a Programmer/developer to do all these. Just with few clicks, drag and drop, you can build a Beautiful website. You can always contact me for WordPress Installation services.
Step 3: Install Woocommerce Plugin
Woocommerce is an awesome FREE add-on / Plugin that will add the Online shopping features to the normal WordPress Website.
DOWNLOAD WooCommerce here: http://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce/
WooCommerce comes bundled with the following:
- PayPal Standard Gateway – Accept credit cards and PayPal payments
- Mijireh Checkout – Accept credit cards via Stripe, Authorize.net, PayPal, eWay, SagePay, Braintree, PayLeap, and more.
- BACS, Cheque and Cash on Delivery - Simple offline gateways
- Flat rate shipping – Ship your items using a flat cost
- Free shipping – Ship for free, or require a coupon to enable
- International delivery, Local delivery and local Pickup
- Google Analytics – Powerful analytics, including eCommerce tracking
- Sharedaddy and ShareThis – Let your customers share your products with their friends
- ShareYourCart – Encourage your customers to share their purchases in return for a coupon
Woocommerce provides Help and Support for the Plugin. And You know what, It has got an Awesome Documentation! Full details starting from Plugin Installation, Settings & Options, Setup Products, Sell Products, Shipping, Managing Orders, Sales Report etc. Click here to View WooCommerce Documentation